THE DEVICE THERAPY FOR THE TREATMENT OF ALZHEIMER'S DISEASE
Even today, there is no cure for Alzheimer's disease (AD); the cause and progression of AD is not well understood and the disease progresses unabated. That's why Wedge Therapeutics is developing a minimally-invasive neurostimulation system that provides a novel way to jump start the neurons in people afflicted with Alzheimer's disease.
Our Sphenoid and Olfactory Nerve Stimulation™ (SONS™*) System can be thought of as a new form of Deep Brain Stimulation (DBS), but with no surgeries, less complications to patients, and a huge cost reduction to the health system.
Wedge believes that the SONS System™ may:
- Improve the patient's memory
- Jumpstart the electrical communication between neurons
- Increase & enhance neurotransmitter activity
- Increase hormonal output
- Increase CBV and decrease inflammation
- Stop or delay the progression of the disease
- Improve the quality of life